Last updated: 5.5.2017
Why we collect data
The data collected and stored by the Applications will be used for the following purposes:
- to provide the Applications.
- to analyze how the Applications are used with the purpose of improving them (for this purpose, we only use de-personified data).
We do not use this data for marketing purposes.
What data we collect
The data obtained by the Applications can be split in three categories:
1) Account data, obtained from your employer:
- Your name, phone number, employee ID and email address
- Data about your work situation, such as what store(s) you work in and what position you have in the company
2) Usage data, provided voluntarily by you:
- Text and documents you may share when using the Applications
- Pictures and videos you may share when using the Applications
- Likes or other reactions you may have had to others' posts in the Applications
3) Metadata, collected automatically when you use the Applications:
- information about the use of functionality in the Applications
- the type and model of the device you use
- your devices unique device ID
- the IP address of your device
- your operating system
- your internet browser
We do not link the metadata to your identity. We do not know your precise location.
You can stop all collection of metadata by not using the Applications or by uninstalling the Applications. You may use the standard uninstall processes available on your device.
The legal basis for the collection of data is the current personopplysningsloven § 8(f) and, as from May 2019, the EU General Data Protection Regulations (GDPR) article 6(f), based on the legitimate interest of enabling employees to use the Applications.
Who we share data with
Motimate uses third party service providers to provide the Applications. To be able to do so, we need to allow these service providers to access, store and process data. We have agreements with these service providers aimed to protect the privacy of the data.
We may also disclose information to third parties if required by law.
How long we store data
1) Account data
When leaving the company you are employed with, your account will be de-activated. This means that your user profile will not be visible for other users. All pictures, posts, likes and comments will still be visible for other users. For this purpose, we have to continue to store your name and other account data. Your account can be re-activated if you start working for the employer again.
2) Usage data
The text, documents, pictures, videos, likes or other reactions that you may have shared or posted will remain stored and visible in the Applications unless you chose to delete them. This apply also after you may have left the company that you are employed with.
We will retain automatically collected and anonymous data for up to 5 years. Thereafter, we will store such anonymous data in aggregate.
How you may access your data
As long as you are a user, you can access all your data.
If not, you may contact your (former) employer to get access to data. You can always contact Motimate AS on email@example.com, and we will forward you to your (former) employer.
How we protect the data
We are concerned about the privacy and confidentiality of your data. Therefore, we provide physical, electronic, and procedural safeguards to protect the data that we process. By way of example, we limit access to the data to authorized employees and contractors who need such access to operate, develop or improve our Applications. Please be aware that, although we strive to maintain the privacy and confidentiality of your data, no security system can prevent all potential security breaches, and thus we cannot guarantee that there will be no unauthorized access to or disclosure of data.
How you may contact us
If you have any questions regarding privacy while using the Applications, or have questions about our practices, please contact Motimate on firstname.lastname@example.org. If you have complaints, you may also choose to lodge it to Datatilsynet.